WHAT WE DO: skills training
For most business people, negotiation is a necessity, not an option; yet few of us arm ourselves with the skills to get what we want without negatively affecting the relationship.
Based on in-depth research of what makes great negotiators, this workshop provides you with practical negotiation skills and concepts that will help you get what you want through a collaborative approach, rather than stubborn haggling over positions.
Every basic lesson ever learned by negotiators is discussed and participants are provided with a planning sheet that helps them analyse a real client situation, strategise an approach and apply key concepts through role-plays.
Key concepts include:
- Not bargaining over positions
- Separating people from the problem
- Understanding who has the power
- Insist on objective criteria
- Understanding all parties Best Alternatives to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)
- Being aware of social influence pressures
- Recognising when not to negotiate
- Leverage knowledge to develop rational strategic plan (BATNA)
- Remain calm and not involved in the emotional charge of the relationship piece
- Establish and develop power levers
- Use social influence pressures effectively